It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW of onshore and offshore wind turbines, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 24,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
We’re seeking a highly motivated individual who is keen on working with the cutting edge of renewable energy. Having an interest in wind turbine technology, thriving in multinational environments, and having strong project management skills are key elements of achieving success in the role as a technical sales manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for the technical scope (excluding logistics and installation) of offshore wind farm projects during the sales phase. In detail:
- You will lead the technical sales project team from bid preparation and submission; to contract negotiation and signing; and finally, handover the project to the execution team
- You will take the lead in defining and developing the best technical solutions in co-operation with clients, the sales team and in-house experts
- You will lead the negotiations of the technical requirements and specifications of offshore Turbine Supply Agreements supported by the technical sales project team
- You will establish a solid planning of your sales projects including plans for Design, bid preparation and Technical Due Diligence
- You will drive the internal technical review of client’s tender material and final contracts incl. defining technical risks and deviations
- You are responsible for providing the cost input for the technical solutions to the sales calculations including SCADA and tower quotations, features and options
- You will report the project status to the Sales Project Manager as well as ensure alignment across the relevant organizational entities (such as Product Portfolio Management (PPM), Engineering (S&PR EN) and Technology (TE)) that provide support to your projects
Required skills, experience, and education:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering (or similar), preferably a Master of Science in Engineering degree coupled with a good business acumen
- 5-8 years of experience within the Wind Turbine industry, preferably with experience from R&D, project management or technical sales
- Have an understanding of the requirements in an offshore environment in relation to large construction projects
- Be experienced in technical contract negotiations
- Maintain an overall view of your project(s), without missing the important details
- Have excellent practical and people management skills, strong communication skills and the ability to interface with numerous parties
- Be, as a person, outgoing and proactive, and possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become part of a fast-paced global industry which is pushing forward clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. You will have an impactful role where you get to work with the state of the art within offshore wind technology. With one foot in the technical side and the other in the business (commercial) side, the role offers interesting challenges where leadership skills, technical knowledge and business acumen are honed and utilized to the full extent.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.