We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
To reach the next level of smart buildings, we are innovating our offering towards a Web of Things (-based approach. The focus is on carving out new and improved conceptual and technological paths for the system components and applications, focusing on the latest Internet technology options. At the helm of this is the Systems Architecture team consisting of true experts in systems engineering and building automation, areas of strategic corporate importance. This team clarifies the business context, defines the systems architecture in close collaboration with business and R&D stakeholders, selects the technology options, and governs the design and implementation. Implementation teams are organized on a global scale and span development centres; this includes teams in Zug (Switzerland), North America and China. We are looking for someone who can lead the way in the creation of products that set new standards in productivity, usability and interoperability. Working on a global scale and testing the limits of technology make the job both fascinating and challenging.
Your new responsibilities
This challenging role has two focal points: acting as enterprise architect for the field devices business segment and operating as a systems architect within the architecture team for valve and damper actuators. You will work at the technological forefront of smart and connected field devices utilizing current and planned mobile and cloud technologies. You will lead the conceptualization of new business approaches aligned with business stakeholders and R&D stakeholders, defining the next generation of building automation field devices.
Technology and Innovation
- Responsible for creating valve and damper actuator systems architecture in an industrial application domain for building automation and smart buildings
- Responsible for identifying technological advancements, gaps and risks that could impact future strategies and financial aspects of our solutions and for leading change to react accordingly
- Responsible for the development of problem-domain and solution-domain architectures aligned with business strategies and requirements
- Elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management
- Act as the technology leader for valve and damper actuator development within R&D in Zug, create systems architecture and transform these concepts into mechanical, electronic and software architecture of selected technologies
- Communicate and document systems architecture and software architecture
- Drive and govern implementation of systems concepts
- Collaborate with teams distributed across different development centres in face-to-face or virtual meetings
- Inspire others and adopt a pragmatic approach
- Energize teams and implement organizational and behavioural changes; collaborate, coach and mentor
- Create and maintain a large network across many business and R&D stakeholders in Zug and in other development centres
Your skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional Systems Architect with a deep understanding of and proven experience in mechatronic system development concepts paired with experience in design and implementation of embedded systems devices. He or she can map business needs into systems concepts to enable new scalable business models as well as develop technology concepts supporting these systems concepts.
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent such as Computer Science or Automation Engineering
- A solid track record of working as a systems/software architect
- Several years of practical experience in Embedded Software Development and with Network Protocols
- Practical experience in Mechatronic System Development and Design
- 5+ years of work experience in building automation domains would be ideal
- Willingness to go the extra mile in this strategically important position
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking
- Experience with mapping system concepts into realistic technology solutions
- Ability to contribute and collaborate in interdisciplinary teams, directing design teams in various development centres
- Proven ability to clearly document and communicate concepts to all stakeholders according to their interests and concerns
- A high level of proficiency in spoken and written English completes your personal profile; the ability to speak German is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either