US Offshore Service Sales Project Manager
Leading the way forward in the renewable energy sector, Siemens Gamesa provides cleaner, more reliable and more affordable wind power. Our scale, global reach and proven track record ensure that we will play a central role in shaping the energy landscape of the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Offshore Service Sales Project Manager to be located in our Boston, MA office to provide World Class, professional project sales execution - on Top, on Target, on Time! You will be responsible for the negotiation of service, maintenance and warranty contracts and opportunities of the new offshore wind projects that Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy will have in US.
This position has overall responsibility for our solution packages and offers in response to customer requests for offshore service and maintenance proposals along with negotiation of service contracts including internal coordination with the Global Sales team, Service Regional Headquarters, Service Engineering, Service Supply Chain, Product Line, Service Global Product Management and Development, and Contract Management functions. Externally you will interface with customers, external advisors and lawyers, bank representatives, trade associations and governmental entities. You will be instrumental in motivating the sales team throughout the process and creating a framework for success in a high paced and professional environment.
• Identify and develop opportunities for assigned projects/accounts as appropriate
• Understand customer business case, develops and executes sales strategy for assigned projects, including pricing and negotiations strategy
• Responsible for complex (sales) project management in multicultural teams and with highly professional customers
• Own the creation and negotiation of the Contract including bringing in operational context and developing win-win situations
• Initiation/drafting of bids, assurance of proper technical and contractual handling, coordination of bid development process
• Own customer relationship and develops strong and trustful customer relations, understands how customer is organized and is making decisions. Exercises escalation channels in a controlled manner.
• Maintain and develop contacts and relationship with customers on all levels and identify important stakeholders
• Commercial understanding of financial topics (bonds, escalation, currency, indemnities, liabilities, etc) and cost calculation approaches
• Reporting on sales activities in organization by utilization and maintenance of existing IT tools such as Salesforce and internal CRM tools.
• Collect / analyze market and competitive data and drawing appropriate conclusions for Account Plans or ad hoc project sales
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred within the field of Business Administration, Engineering or other related technical field
• Extensive experience in project sales negotiations or development, preferably in the wind energy or power sector
• Experience with complex (sales) project management in multicultural teams and with highly professional customers.
• Languages: proficiency in English is a must.
• Excellent Commercial and Contractual understanding and negotiation skills
• People management skills and ability to motive and engage team members/colleagues
• Experience with multi-contracting in large projects and an appreciation of how contracts are structured and interrelated.
• Working experience in multi-lingual and cultural teams, preferably cross borders
• Project management experience is desirable
• Up to 30% travel
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring and international, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.