Siemens Mobility develops our own range of equipment and software, providing services and products to the rail and mining industries in Australia and internationally, with a secondary office in Derby UK. Both offices have ISO 9001 Quality Accreditation. We have a strong multi-disciplinary team and a relaxed office culture.
Reporting to the VEMS Team Leader, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products. This role is only open to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development.
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
- Supports the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyzes potential malfunctions.
- Identifies and defines technical requirements for realizing alternative applications.
- Evaluates different build in concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Ensures observance of specifications.
- Creates respective reports.
- May minister the executing units (e.g. manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
Skills & Experience
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent relevant commercial experience
- Thorough experience in the use of computers in industrial / technical applications.
- 5 -10 years relevant industrial experience
- Networking: Routing and switching knowledge / Managed switches / VPN / Wireshark / Tcpdump / Firewall
- Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2019 / CentOS Linux 6/7 / QNX
- Virtualization Knowledge: Linux KVM / VMware ESX 6.7 / VirtualBox
- Scripting Knowledge: Power shell / Bash Shell scripting / Python/PHP / OS build automation/auditing / Software version control tools (CVS/Subversion/Git)
- Troubleshooting skills: Root cause analysis / Performance tuning and monitoring
- Server Hardware: Dell / HPE
- Storage: NAS technology (Synology, QNAP) / Samba/CIFS / NFS / SFTP / Familiarity with RAID technology
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation (such as requirements, design and testing procedures)
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Highly motivated, good organisational skills, excellent communication skills
- Working experience in C++ and Python preferred (other experience will be considered, but must demonstrate ability and desire to learn)
- Experience interfacing software with hardware devices such as GPS receivers, DIO cards, cameras, DAQ and microcontrollers
- Working within a strict quality management system
- Commissioning and troubleshooting site installations
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Close to major public transport options
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time