Technical Contribution: Contribute to the development and qualification of design kits in Taiwan.
Communication: Efficiently and effectively communicate technical issues within the team and division. The appropriate candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate within a globally distributed division.
Technological Comprehension: Understand the several methods used to develop and qualify Design Kits, identifying weaknesses and advantages of each. The candidate will contribute technical expertise to a team, recommending improvements in the kits, the software, and the processes used to create each.
The Design Kit Development Engineer will be part of a team of design kit developers responsible for the development, QA, and delivery of high quality Process Design Kits (PDK) to Mentor Graphics foundry partners. The appropriate candidate will have experience in the development and QA of process design kits including Pcell, symbol, and device callbacks. We are looking for an engineer who can adapt to different methodologies used in the development, QA and use of Design Kits from different EDA companies and foundries.
- BS in CS/EE with 5+ years demonstrated track record in EDA/CAD engineering.
- Understanding of scripting, CAD engineering and custom-IC design methodologies.
- Previous experience in any of design kits development cycle, devices layout and physics is a plus.
- Self motivated, quick learner and able to work independently to debug in a large amount of automatically generated code.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects, working closely with marketing and sales on the entire development process from requirements through end-customer delivery.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Ltd, Taiwan Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time