Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Branch Service Operations Manager (BSOM) reports directly to the St. Louis Branch General Manager and reports to the St. Louis Branch located in Maryland Heights, Missouri. The Branch Service Operations Manager (BSOM) is responsible for the delivery of Branch end-user/owner direct business including Maintenance/Service Agreements, and T&M. The BSOM is responsible for Branch end-user/owner direct Siemens Smart Infrastructure Business Lines including Fire Life Safety, Building Automation, and Security. The Branch Service Operations Manager will have direct management responsibility for the Fire and Security field personnel. An experienced Automation Supervisor handles day-to-day Automation field personnel. The ideal candidate has core Fire Life Safety experience as well as experience in Project Management, revenue forecasting, P&L management, customer satisfaction/complaint resolution, management and development of employees, test and inspect, and T&M deficiency fulfillment.
Strong leadership skills with a passion for team building focused on finding and hiring top talent, development of employees, and long-term retention.
Total annual revenue responsibility of between eight and nine million.
Strong end-user/owner relationship management skills including customer satisfaction and customer complaint resolution.
Strong understanding of financial reports, revenue, forecasting, staffing, cost control, and labor rates required.
First line management position in Field Service Operations supporting the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division. The BSOM directly manages staff including Automation Service Supervisor, Client Service Manager, Fire Service Specialists, and Security Service Specialists.
Responsibility also includes delivery of Branch end-user/owner direct business by Bloomington, IL satellite office.
- Plan, organize, direct and control all Fire, Building Automation, and Security service operations activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of service work to insure customer commitments are met within the estimated timeframes and costs. Oversee supervision of all service and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with agreement requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
- Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
- Minimum 5-years experience in the installation and maintenance of building Fire Life Safety systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
High School Diploma or GED required as a minimum, but a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Technical Science, or Construction Management preferred.
Graduate Degree desired.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.