Siemens Healthineers Point of Care (POC) Diagnostics Business is a US$700M leading provider of handheld and desktop analyzers and consumables, serving the blood gas, urinalysis and diabetes care markets globally. We are part of the Diagnostics segment that, combined with our Imaging segment and Advanced Therapies segment, make up Siemens Healthineers, a $15B world leader in medical diagnostics.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Supply Chain and Manufacturing, the Plant Manager part of a global operations leadership team providing direction to the company’s manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and logistics operations to achieve high priority business objectives and operational goals.
Siemens Healthineers Ottawa Operations
The Ottawa operations site is the Center of Excellence for Point of Care Diagnostic’s Blood Gas franchise, and the manufacturing location for epoc© , a Blood Analysis System that is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. The Ottawa operations site is committed to developing and delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
• Partner with the business leadership team to understand strategic and annual business objectives in order to translate them into pragmatic operational strategies and programs with defined measures of success
• Effectively communicate the company vision and direction down through the operations, and operational performance and priorities outward to management and peers; constructively receive and incorporate feedback to ensure alignment and to accelerate improvement
• Actively manage a balanced scorecard that spans Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Performance (SQDIP)
• Collaborate with peers in both the Point of Care business, as well as the broader Siemens Healthineers supply chain, to innovate, pilot and apply best practices across the supply chain
• Promote a quality culture throughout operations, grounded on natural compliance to policies, procedures and regulations, and sustained through reinforcement of “quality first” behaviors at all levels of management
• Champion the Healthineers Performance System (HPS) as a means to enable continuous improvement, employee engagement and organizational learning; core methods will include Hoshin Kanri, Value Stream Mapping, Structured Problem Solving, Visual Management, Coaching and Healthy Dialogue
• Execute with discipline and continuously improve daily, weekly and monthly standard work across all departments in operations to ensure proper controls, proactive planning and risk mitigation
• Provide strong support for and governance of program management to ensure critical initiatives across the operation achieve their performance, schedule and cost targets
• Provide direction, motivation and resources to the Operations team to assist their development of highly effective operational systems, tools and training programs
• Guide and support the capacity planning of operational resources (materials/tools/equipment/people) to ensure alignment with demand, proper contingency and surge, and suitable depth of cross-trained talent
• Develop and hold your team accountable to executing within an annual operating plan, providing monthly and quarterly updates to proactively manage opportunities and risks
• Provide effective operations/maintenance management, ensuring that all reports and related activities are completed within required guidelines and operational parameters
• Manage the interfaces between the Manufacturing teams and the rest of the company within the scope of the position.
Miscellaneous Operational Responsibilities:
• Establishing and monitoring key performance metrics, notably leading indicators
• Stimulating innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives
• Promoting learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning
• Assessing engineering process and design proficiencies unique to each area/department.
• Optimizing efficiency by championing leading edge manufacturing techniques and all related principles.
• Evaluating performance of direct reports based on leadership and results
• Ensuring excellence in product quality, on time delivery, set targets and strategies for realistic new business objectives providing guidance to subordinate teams.
• Guide teams in operational decisions, technical or engineering concepts, new operational potential outputs to meet demands for each
• Reports directly to Vice President, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing
• Matrix relationships include Franchise Leadership, Global Planning, Strategic Procurement, Global Distribution, Quality, IT and Real Estate
• Dynamic environment with short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
• Innovative leader who blends strategy, operations, technology, and analytics to produce outstanding business results.
• Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and team-management skills, driven to achieve goals and exceed expectations.
• Project management orientation
• Self-starter and can work independently on projects as required
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Understands the demands of a manufacturing environment and must be a big picture thinker and implementer
• Strength in leading and developing teams with a proven track records of having successfully managed manufacturing and engineering staff in the production of goods, ideally medical device related
• Solid knowledge of leading edge Manufacturing operations
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or other engineering discipline. MBA, masters and/or PhD in a related field is highly desirable, and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
• 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in Manufacturing
• Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years Senior Manufacturing Management experience principally focused on operations
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.