Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the testing of software throughout the product lifecycle. You should have demonstrated experience in software quality assurance for medical devices. Ideal candidates will include those who have designed and implemented software testing frameworks, including unit testing, automated testing, and assurance of the complete SDLC. The SQA Engineer will take ownership of projects, develop and coordinate V&V plans, work from requirements to create test cases, and execute the tests per project schedule. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with software engineers, other engineering disciplines, and quality.
- Design, implement, and execute software verification using best practices, including continuous software testing to support the Quality Assurance goal of making quality a competitive advantage.
- Provide and maintain domain expertise of relevant software technologies and products.
- Take ownership of projects and independently work through completion and final delivery, including developing, executing, and reporting of V&V plans and complex test protocols.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external software standards (e.g., adherence to IEC 62304).
- Participate in software design controls activities of New Product Development (NPD) software as well as software used in the production process.
- Participate in development of system Integration and Verification Plans.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- 5-8 years in the field of software with at least 3 years of experience testing medical software products from embedded software to GUI required.
- Experience with developing or testing in compliance with recognized standards (e.g., FDA 21 CFR 820.30, ISO 13485, IEC 62304) required.
- Experience with defect tracking and metrics required.
- Experience using automated testing tools for continuous integration required.
- Experience with development of embedded software and custom electronics preferred.
- Experience integrating software, electronic hardware, and mechanical subsystems preferred.
- Experience with requirements management software such as Helix ALM, Jama, or DOORS preferred.
- Experience with system and software modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect or Rational Rhapsody preferred.
- Programming skills using an object-oriented language, such as C++, preferred.
- Strong communication skills preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% required.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.