Software R&D (SW-R&D) Grid Simulation (GS) in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent is part of Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) Digital Grid (DG). This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® (PSS® power system simulation and modeling software) product portfolio. Grid Simulation mainly employs an innovative approach throughout the different fields of application in order to create competent software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Software Development Engineer in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent office.
Software Development Engineer (SDE) is responsible to build, develop and test functional programs in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment. The SDE additionally supports software/process related global initiatives in the organization of Smart Infrastructure (SI) - Digital Grid (DG) - Grid Simulation. The SDE directly reports to local manager, plus functionally reports to the local and global project responsible.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining Web-based applications and components of the Grid Simulation PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework,
- Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in developing complex web-services and web applications,
- Basic understanding of object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software development principles,
- Proficient understanding of Angular (Angular2+), TypeScript and hands on experience on working and integrating front end applications with RESTful Applications,
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language as C# and familiarity of the ASP.NET CORE framework, design/architectural patterns such as Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Single-Page Application (SPA),
- Knowledge/expertise in the following:
- Designing and building REST Web APIs
- Relational and NoSQL Databases such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL
- Entity Framework Core
- Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience or interest in development with any other languages (e.g. Java),
- Knowledge on Microservices and serverless architecture,
- Knowledge on Python scripting language,
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts such as Jenkins,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience in designing and developing software applications for web/cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.),
- Basic understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application,
- Knowledge on Energy Distribution and Transmission networks,
- Ability to demonstrate skills on portfolio projects
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Team player with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and energetic attitude,
- Eager to learn new technologies and Energy domain know-how
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time