Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head, Design Assurance Engineering
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Head, Design Assurance Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- You will lead Reliability, Product Risk & Compliance, and Engineering Operations and report into the Head of Product Engineering
- You will be responsible for the compliance, performance, reliability and overall design quality of Laboratory Diagnostics instrumentation
- You will establish close collaboration with Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Software and Commercial Product Support teams
- You will drive Reliability allocation, failure modeling, and Demonstration and Growth Testing
- You will ensure products meet safety and regulatory standards, including facilitation of risk mitigations and traceability to input / essential output
- You will be responsible for engineering proficiency and continuous improvement
- You will drive digitalization of engineering operations using some of the most advanced PLM tools and systems
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have extensive experience overseeing development of reliable instrumentation achieving regulatory compliance and maintaining high quality
- You have strong leadership, and delivery experience, including the ability to mentor, develop team capabilities, and experience in people management
- You have ability to influence and drive change through a discipline and wider division
- You can promote and grow analytical, technical and problem-solving skills throughout your organization
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of organizational leadership in engineering
- Experience with instrumentation development process
- Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.