- Your way leads you into the central project purchasing department of our business unit for railway infrastructure.
- You will act as a strategic purchaser (f/m/d) for projects in building construction, civil engineering and plant construction all over the world with a purchasing volume in the three-digit million range. Here you will work holistically from the request for quotation to the handover to the operational purchasing department (before the order is placed).
- You will develop purchasing and procurement strategies for the assembly/installation of automation components from the business objectives and establish them globally.
- You identify, qualify and develop high-performance suppliers worldwide, build up a portfolio of preferred suppliers and continuously optimize their performance.
- Therefore, you will visit our suppliers located on all five continents and negotiate in personal contact in an international context.
- This includes cooperation and coordination at top management level at suppliers - and also internally.
- In addition, you will ensure global reporting and transparency in all key purchasing parameters in your area of responsibility.
- You hold a university degree (master's degree / diploma) in an engineering discipline (e.g. industrial engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering).
- You also have several years of professional experience in strategic purchasing / category management or in sales / distribution.
- You have a background in plant engineering, construction industry or railway engineering.
- Furthermore, you are used to negotiating with international and top-class contacts.
- You have a fluent command of the English language. Additional language skills (e.g. German or Spanish) are an advantage.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time