Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd is a leader in transport solutions and has been for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalisation, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainable over the entire life cycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Siemens Mobility Division has around 40,000 employees worldwide.
Our Signalling Team in Auckland is looking for an experienced Systems Manager in Projects. The objective of the System Manager in Project (SMiP) is to establish a system concept which is optimum for the business and take the lead engineering role throughout the successful delivery of the project. Consistent engineering system management is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase in order to minimize the technical risks of complex projects.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Overall technical responsibility for the project/s including system requirements, architecture, design, implementation, commissioning and client interactions.
- Manage the review and approval of all technical documentation, including client Technical Queries.
- Provide professional engineering input to the wider project team and assist in the delivery of the assurance, the budget and the program management.
- Act as the technical point of contact for the overall delivery team, including the client and any appropriate Stakeholders.
- Participation of relevant PM@Siemens milestones meetings, readiness checks, team meetings and project review meetings to ensure high standard and clear communication.
- Take on the technical leadership role for appropriate tenders including scope and requirements reviews, development of required estimates, subcontractor scoping, management of Bill of Materials and briefing to senior management.
The successful candidate:
- University degree (or comparable) in engineering or technology areas of automation / electrical / electronics / communication / railway is necessary.
- Professional experience > 10+ years in the area of Project Engineering preferably in railway signalling (engineering, development, planning, project execution).
- Experience on a variety of Engineering Projects.
- Strong understanding of engineering process management guides, IEC15288, IEC 12207, CENELEC EN 50128, EN50129 etc.
- Basic understanding of Siemens equipment including WESTRACE interlockings.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty. Ltd. Branch (NZ)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time