About Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems:
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also manage existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion. Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution. As part of our Enforcement portfolio, we are working on fixed and mobile bus lane enforcement solutions to increase throughput for buses by ensuring full use of their dedicated lanes. We are looking for an Enforcement Solutions Engineer to join our rapidly growing team.
The ITS team is recruiting for an Enforcement Solutions Engineer. The Enforcement Solutions Engineer is responsible for the design and deployment of bus lane enforcement solution in New York, but may also coordinate with solutions for other parts of the US or worldwide.
The Solutions Engineer role will be responsible for the delivery of enforcement systems and providing support to the product management team in managing 3rd party approvals, obsolescence reviews, testing and product quality reviews. Within the operations team, the role will be responsible for the project deployment and support of innovative Traffic Enforcement solutions in the US, primarily focused on automated bus lane enforcement.
The role requires working amongst a team of highly experienced Traffic Enforcement specialists to deliver and support standard products and systems, deploying these to customers with some degree of customization
You will be expected to provide regular project updates, operate in a dynamic environment and be able to travel throughout the United States and our Center of Competence in the United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for establishing effective relationships with the wider Siemens Project Delivery and Product Support teams within the Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
The Enforcement Solutions Engineer will report to Senior Project Manager of Automated Bus Enforcement Solutions. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in New York City.
What are the requirements for this role:
- Be a strong technical expert who has the ability to drive innovation, problem solve and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Support the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have regular customer contact, to establish feedback against current performance levels and to gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities.
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Support the Sales and Bid Management teams by quantifying the quality, time and cost scope of solutions to inquiries
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the United States.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in Engineering or IT related field required
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software
- Valid US Driver’s license.
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Highly desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ALPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Desirable – Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Highly Desirable - SQL Server or MySQL working knowledge
- Highly Desirable – Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design
- Desirable - Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.