Change the future with us.
Our Sales specialists are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Support to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
As Account Manager, Bruce Power in our Generation Service business, you will be accountable for customer relationship management, proactive development of business opportunities, and leading all aspects of the opportunity from inception to order entry.
What will you do?
- Lead pursuit of specific generation and transmission service opportunities and follow up on all sales leads
- Initiate proposal development with the Hub Sales team for all opportunities
- Ensure detailed understanding of project scope and communicate the requirements clearly to the proposal development team
- Identify customer or project related risks and assists in developing mitigation plans to ensure a successful project outcome for Siemens and the client
- Develop client relationships, displays excellent listening skills, and maintain a positive attitude
- Update forecasts and attend weekly and or bi-weekly Sales Team opportunity calls
- Develop Key Account Business plans, briefing documents to support executive management engagements with clients and generate detailed win-loss analysis
- Provide reports on relevant market activity and competitive information on a regular basis to management; Support regional business planning
- Maintain a personal development plan to improve and update technical and commercial skills
- Define and communicate on current client needs and market conditions in the assigned territory, and remain current on all Siemens technology solutions relevant to the client base and territory
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with minimum of 5-10 years’ relevant work experience in Power Generation or Transmission marketplace in rotating reciprocating equipment sales and/or capital projects and business development experience
- Direct experience in sales application or operation of engineered gas turbines steam turbine or generators is preferred
- Experience on power generation markets and project development and financing
- Direct experience with the internal processes used by major clients in the power generation industry project specification contract procedures TCs etc.
- Good understanding of machine design and thermodynamic principles as well as gas turbine and steam turbine products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization skills requiring time management and detailed record keeping
- Strong and confident presence in front of clients; impact and influence skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and all system tools available to the Sales and Technical Support functions e.g. Salesforce
- Travel required up to 25 percent of time to fulfill the obligations for this position
- Hold and maintain a valid Driver’s License with evidence of safe driving record
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.