Together we are driving Austria forward
We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
The Digital Grid Business Unit is shaping the market for electrification, automation and digitalization for intelligent infrastructure today and tomorrow. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our future portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future. The steady increase of distributed energy systems, the integration of renewable energy sources, and aging grid infrastructures can prevent the safe and reliable supply of power. Power producers, grid operators, power utilities, industrial companies, and municipalities can manage tasks economically and in the best way possible despite increasing complexity, by leveraging the extensive Siemens portfolio of technologies, products, services, and solutions.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Developer (m/w) for Grid Simulation Software to join our Digital Grid team. Based in our Vienna office, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Visiting internal and external customers to develop business opportunities for the Digital Grid unit in Austria and Central Eastern Europe (PL, CZ, SK, HU, SLO, HR)
- Responsible for writing solution specifications and developing operation philosophies to enforce Siemens position in selling process
- Understanding and clarifying customer requirements, driving those expectations into Siemens technical concepts and expertise
- Preparing offers, including cost calculations and defining delivery concepts of our solutions
- Promoting Digital Grid Software for Grid Simulation, with a focus on the PSS software family, for private and government customers, leverage technical solutions for new grids in high and low voltage, including also new market trends like MicroGrids, Remote Monitoring, and Remote Maintenance
- Technical understanding of Digital Grid marketplace
- Basic knowledge on load flow calculation and electricity markets
- The ability to analyses strategic trends, ensuring that you are the customers subject matter expert
- Ideally a demonstratable track record in Business Development within the Grid Simulation Software space
- Strong technical background, with the ability to think in terms of value propositions, not just features
- Ability to form & leverage strong relationships
- Fluent in German, English, further CEE languages are a plus
What else do
I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 46.760,- (full-time). An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.Sozialleistungen und Benefits
How do I
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time