During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.Senior Cloud Software Engineer
New Team, new Location, new Domain, real challenges are you ready ?
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Mentor (a Siemens Business) have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. For this reason our customers are moving our products from their on-premise server farms into the Cloud. We are collaborating with the Cloud infrastructure vendors and HPC tooling vendors to adapt their offerings to our products as we design cloud based applications that will manage these dynamic cloud architectures, extend our cloud enabled offering and build new cloud native applications for the IC design space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to further your cloud understanding.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Developing software that with run in the Siemens PaaS, the public cloud, competitor and internal Managed Clouds and private clouds.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Understands the architecture of large scale Cloud solutions
- Understands the various microservices architecture styles and patterns – what works when and why
- Knows what it takes to achieve continuous deployment
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing customer IP
- Speaks proficient XaaS
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude, able to maintain efficiency when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or work environment coupled with strong communication skill
- Understand the attack surface of software running in the cloud.
- Development, testing and maintenance of microservices, standalone applications and tooling running in a range of environments
- Development of inter-cloud resource orchestration
- Cross cloud Identity and Role based access management.
- Solutions to integrate from SaaS and Managed Cloud to private clouds and grids.
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience in building complex systems based on service-oriented architecture that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Strong understanding of Identity, Authorisation, RBAC and Security in a multi-cloud environment
- Excellent hands on Core Java/C#
- Previous use of a microservice development framework such as Spring boot.
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development standard methodologies for the full engineering lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of the containerised development stack.
- Some previous development in Node.js or other back end scripting language.
- Experience in using AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Hands on creating, testing, consuming Rest API
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time