Russelectric, is looking for a Project Engineer to assist in the development of, and modification to, custom Low & Medium Voltage Switchgear Control & Distribution Systems.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Russelectric, a Siemens Business, manufactures high-integrity on-site power control systems to help ensure 100% uptime without disruptions or aberrations. We deliver engineered solutions to hospitals, data centers, airports, water treatment, renewable energy, DoD and other mission-critical facilities.
We are an engineering-driven company with full capabilities to customize systems to users’ needs and requirements such as space restrictions and integration into existing equipment. All of our products, including automatic transfer switches and switchgear training simulators, are designed and built in our vertically integrated plants located in Massachusetts and Oklahoma.
We provide comprehensive project support including:
- Engineering Design Assistance
- Manufacturing Flexibility
- Unparalleled Field Service
- Industry Leading Warranties
Candidate must be open to traveling to our Hingham, MA location for the first 3-6 months for job shadowing/training.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. Our plants focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
What you will do:
- Review Sales Order Entry Packages (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.) to develop Project - - Submittals (Physical Detail Drawings, System Descriptions, Bill of Materials, Etc.).
- Participate in Pre-Submittal and Submittal Review Meetings as required to obtain Project releases.
- Development of Project Schematics.
- Work with other departments (Electrical, Mechanical, Programming, Purchasing, etc.) to provide releases to the Production Floor.
- Provide ongoing support to the Test and Field Service Departments.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment.
- Complete all projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the department standards.
What we need from you:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Applicable field) is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of electrical power control circuits with a strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation.
3. Strong background in PLC based and relay control logic, electrical metering, protective relaying, and SCADA systems.
4. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
5. Experience with Windows, Word, AutoCad, and Promis∙e software.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Attitude that allows you to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to travel 15%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.