Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
- Review and understand protection coordination studies, relay setting list and arc flash assessments as per applicable Canadian standards
- Configure protection relays (Line Differential, Transformer Differential, Distance Protection, Feeder Protection etc.) from different vendors (Siemens, ABB, GE or SEL)
- Conduct protection FAT and SAT testing with customer both in factory and at site
- Preparation and/or review of single- and three-line diagrams, protection metering and control schematics, wiring interconnection diagrams, cable lists, ACDC auxiliary services design and physical arrangement of substation layouts
- Auxiliary system design including load calculations and equipment sizing including AC/DC panel, DC battery sizing and parameters
- Ensure technical follow-up and support during engineering, procurement and construction
- Prepare list of technical deliverables
- Prepare technical specifications and conceptual design reports
- Participate in installation supervision and commissioning in remote sites
- Participate in progress meetings Internal with Customer and with Sub-suppliers
- Control and manage change related to PC system during project execution
- Quality planning monitoring and follow-up during engineering procurement and fabrication
- Interface with other project team members related to electrical disciplines as well PM, Finance, EHS etc.
- Participate in the preparation of RFQs and bid evaluations analysis
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering and member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of commissioning (design, configuration and testing) of control and protection systems
- Very good knowledge of French and English, both written and spoken
- Client, results and quality-oriented approach
- Ease of learning, team spirit, resourcefulness and analytical mind
- Good understanding of the environment of substations - switchgear, transformers, etc.
- Ability to read and analyze electrical diagrams
- Ability to produce network topologies and architectural drawings
- Good understanding of communication protocols - IEC 61850, Modbus, DNP3
- Knowledge of energy quality systems
- Knowledge of protection systems i.e. Siemens, ABB, GE, SEL
- Knowledge of time synchronization protocols
- Important assets:
- Knowledge of auxiliary system design including load calculations and equipment sizing including AC/DC panel, DC battery sizing and parameters
- Knowledge of AutoCAD for engineering drawings
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.