Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 24,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated results/experience in the following areas: Employee Health & Safety, Project Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Training assessments, Quality, Compliance, Financial Management, Customer Orientation, and Risk Management. This position will have commercial responsibility for successful on-site operations, drive continuous process improvements, and hold overall responsibility for site performance.
Additionally, the Site Manager position requires the candidate to be able to ascend to heights up to 250 feet or greater, work in confined spaces, discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds. A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet these requirements at all times during their employment.
The Wind Site Manager position is located in Arkwright, NY
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leading Safety Culture onsite
• Ensuring employee health and safety policies and procedures are followed
• Hold overall responsibility for site performance
• Commercial responsibility for successful onsite operations
• Drive continuous process improvements
• Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
• Operational risk management
• Performance reviews for technicians
• Administer disciplinary actions for all violations of SGRE Standards of Behavior
• Administer Compliance initiatives
• Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
• Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years Wind Experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 3+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
• Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Management and/or Team Leadership experience
• An understanding and commitment to a Safe Work Culture
• SAP proficiency
• Strong communication skills
• Conflict resolution experience
• Contract management experience
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.