Siemens Mobility is an advanced project and product engineering company, well established in providing products and services to the railway, mining & exploration industries. Our office is located in West Perth, with our UK manufacturing arm located in Derby, the historical heart of the UK rail industry.
Siemens Mobility develops designs, builds, installs, commissions and maintains advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection), the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy freight trains.
Siemens Mobility seeks a suitably experienced & qualified person for the important full-time role of Senior Software Test Team Lead. This position is only open to Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
As a member of the Siemens Mobility Engineering team based in West Perth, you will report to our Engineering Excellence Manager and work with a great team producing custom solutions for our global clients.
Areas of Responsibility
- Plans, coordinates and supervises test activities and team operations.
- Oversees, evaluates and approves accomplished phases of assigned test procedures.
- Gives procedural and technical advice, and supports junior Test Professionals directly.
- Monitors and regularly reports on test results achievements, analyzes and discusses results with the project teams and management.
- Leads a team of qualified Test Professionals, Engineers and Test Technicians.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, for the team assigned.
- Coordinates activities performed by the assigned team of professionals and technicians and controls execution according to the organizational guidelines.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in an Engineering or related discipline
- Ability to create software test plans, strategies, designs and reports. Test components, then execute test methods effectively to find faults efficiently
- Good understanding of software development for engineering applications
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of Software Testers
- A good systems engineering understanding for products and the ability to understand how they work
- Experience testing embedded systems
- Experience developing test environments
- An advanced understanding of python scripting language
- Use of C/C++
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to "think outside of the box"
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Experience with Relational Databases
- At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Siemens Mobility is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.
This position is only open to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time