We have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business based at our Hornsey Depot in north London. As the Service Manager you will be responsible for leading a multi-functional team of 15-20, to deliver the services under a Service Agreement (TSSA) for the Class 717 Desiro City Maintenance contract, ensuring high levels of safety, fleet reliability and availability performance. You will develop strong and successful relationships with key stakeholders and drive continuous cost and quality improvements through strong leadership, successful collaboration and innovative thinking. You will also be responsible and accountable for the delivery of budgets set within each contract (approx £1-4m p.a)
What are your responsibilities
- Participate in developing short, medium and long term plans to achieve contract requirements in a cost effective manner
- Develop KPIs related to the contract deliverables to monitor and control the progress of the targets, driving business improvement
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives
- Collaborate with the customer to explore opportunities for mutual benefit, be first point of contact for the resolution of out of course events
- Ensure customer interactions within team are professional and support the Think Customer philosophy
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities
- Ensure specific contractual and customer requirements are met & can be objectively demonstrated and participate in internal contract reviews
- Interaction with support functions and key suppliers to ensure on time delivery of material and services, participating in performance reviews when required
- Participate in establishing budgets, monitor progress and delivery to budget
- Engage with Rolling Stock HQ Engineering organisation and Siemens AG for reactive and proactive fleet improvements
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools [including ECC, GES, PMP/4 Success objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.]
- Actively participate in our 3i improvement programme and drive implementation with the team
- Drive productivity improvement using continuous improvement and six sigma techniques, to achieve strategic targets
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action
- Support Sales team when required to develop bids for further opportunities on contract e.g. extensions and variations
- Support Procurement in product and service delivery specifications for suppliers and provide feedback for supplier performance reviews
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Someone with in-depth knowledge and broad technical know-how of Rolling Stock business and maintenance techniques and procedures
- Someone with experience of managing and leading multi-functional teams in a rail, production, fast moving or complex environment
- Someone with an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- IOSH/ NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent experience
- Someone with contract and commercial experience, experience of managing budgets and negotiating with workplace representatives
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and principles
- Fleet introduction
- Previous experience of managing P&L
- Understanding of industry maintenance best practice
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time