Siemens Energy Systems Accounting Process Consultant (SAP knowledge) is searching for an accounting process analyst to initiate and manage process improvements and projects. The ideal candidate would have experience and knowledge in Accounting & Controlling processes of large companies, understanding of financial statement and reconciliations, journal entries and financial ledgers, with strong leadership, communication, organization, and technical skills. Experience in relatable projects is required as well as deep understanding of Siemens systems landscapes. They will work within the Digitalization, Processes, and Systems organization supporting North America. This position reports to the Head of Digitalization, Processes, and Systems for the Americas, as well as the head of accounting in Mexico & Canada. Successful candidate understands the existing pain-points in accounting and systems and enjoys learning and redesigning to increase optimization by dropping non-value add steps and/or applying broad array of digital solutions. Motivated to proactively engage various members of the Accounting & Controlling organization, while maintaining a healthy channel of communication and effectively coordinate deadlines, requirements and savings. Contributes to creative thinking and supporting the team, believes in people and in change.
- Works closely with Americas Siemens Energy Accounting & Controlling leadership and teams to define various project requirements; developing and designing implementation of the initiatives and end-goals
- Assist in escalations with service partner organizations to drive root cause analysis and jointly strategize to implement solutions to ensure effective and efficient end to end processes.
- Analyze and map existing accounting and controlling processes and identify requirements needed for process re-engineering and work with the customer to implement changes, whether digital or operational
- Initiate and manage process improvements and digital solution initiatives using the latest technologies, i.e. artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, business process management solutions or redesign and dropping non-value added steps.
- Defines the benefit model of a potential project and ensures the value of the project outweighs the cost of requirements
- Propose and implement changes to service delivery model to optimize E2E scope between organizations
- Key contact for activities related to mergers, acquisitions, and system migrations to ensure processes and tools in place for an effective go-live.
- Ad Hoc projects and tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas. Experience in improving, automating, standardizing financial processes.
- System knowledge in cloud based solutions and SAP
- Experience in project work for finance organization
- Knowledge of digitalization tools and resources in order to provide options to various customers (both internal within accounting & finance and in the business)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly communicate and present unusual and/or complex concepts or issues in a convincing manner across all levels of management
- Previous experience in addressing and resolving non-routine and complex technical issues to timely and satisfactory conclusions, including working with senior management and all levels of operational management
- Ability to create, conceptualize, implement, and execute policies/programs
- Experience in project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Capability to effectively manage deadlines/time, prioritization, in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understanding of Siemens Business structures preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Robotics
- Familiar with AI topics (e.g. Machine Learning, Chatbots, etc.)
- Experience in using data analytics for process improvement
- Experience in process redesign
- Fluent English (oral & writting) to support Mexico and Canada operations.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Gas and Power Servicios, S. de R.L. de C.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time