The RNA Oil & Gas and Distributed Generation LTP team is looking for a self-driven and resourceful Commercial Project Manager to work alongside our project managers and be responsible for the completion of all commercial and financial related matters of our Long-Term Programs.
- Manage the projects financial set up based on contractual agreements and ongoing execution phase, ensuring data integrity between SAP back end and specific front-end tools.
- Work in collaboration with Project manager to ensure accurate project costs and pricing according with defined guidelines, as well as ensure support calculations on business case proposals and change orders
- Responsible for monthly revenue recognition on projects in compliance with defined guidelines (e.g. US-GAAP / IFRS, RIC, export control, LoA, and signature authorities)
- Manage project cash flow/payment plan and ensure timely generation of customer invoices
- Perform project’s financial planning and forecasting, and work with project management on assessing project’s risks and opportunities financial impacts and ways to mitigate margin deterioration
- Work with project manager in quarterly project review meetings preparation
- Ensure achievement of contract requirements (e.g. performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, etc.)
- Implement and drive measures to improve the project performance through claims and variation management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Business Administration/ Accounting
- Prior project (Percentage of Completion) accounting or financial/reporting experience
- 8+ years’ experience with business administration, commercial project management, marketing, or cost estimation
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Strong skills in PC applications, primarily SAP, Microsoft Office, Tableau as well as strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines is required and skills to work effectively in team-oriented environment
- Candidate should be able to effectively communicate technical financial information to non-financial internal customers
- Required amount of travel 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA)
- Commercial Project Management @ Siemens Certification
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.