What are my responsibilities?
- Supplier Qualification – support on-boarding of new suppliers by performing supplier capability analysis and assessment of supplier risk.
- Lead Product and Process Qualification of suppliers providing Large Steel Fabrications for Energy business
- Supplier Development – Support initiation and implementation of supplier quality improvement measures.
- Support Supplier Quality Assurance measures during entire supplier lifecycle (qualification + serial business).
- Support root cause analysis, corrective and preventive measures at supplier for quality issues.
- Support product development process of new/ revised components to ensure the manufacture-ability and to provide technical evaluation of design changes as input to cost impact analysis.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience as welding engineer, design engineer, quality engineer or manufacturing engineer required. Practical manufacturing experience of welded steel components strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO & ASME Welding Standards. General NDE knowledge preferred (UT, RT, PT, MT).
- Working experience in technical functions in the Energy or related industry - preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in engineering related major. Welding Engineers preferred (IWE).
- Initiative, results orientation and strong analytical thinking. Experience working in a global environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Familiarity with root cause analysis and other quality & risk management methodologies
- Willingness to travel ~30%.
- Project Management Experience preferred
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens Energy, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc.. We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time