The Senior Biostatistician will be responsible for providing technical expertise in biostatistics and to lead statistical evaluations of development and clinical validation studies for new in vitro diagnostics devices developed by Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics.
The role will interact cross-functionally with members of Clinical Affairs, Data Management, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Global Assay Development to ensure high quality of data and analysis results used in regulatory submissions.
The role will leverage knowledge and experience in the areas of statistical techniques and programming to support product development goals within the Laboratory Diagnostics Division. This is an ideal role for candidates who are highly motivated, detail-oriented, have strong problem solving and scientific thinking skills, a collaborative mindset, and enthusiasm for topics related to biostatistics, data analysis, programming, presentation of data, and biological science. A willingness to share this enthusiasm with colleagues and to have fun is a must for our team.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Pre-Market Biostatistics.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Statistical Affairs within LD QT MBDQ Pre-market Biostatistics.
Responsible for designing, planning, and executing statistical analyses of studies directed towards the development, verification, validation, and monitoring of in vitro diagnostics devices developed by Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics.
- Recommends statistical methodology for the evaluation of analytical and clinical study data.
- Interprets and evaluates test data and results of complex studies and develops appropriate recommendations.
- Perform detailed review of clinical study protocols and development plans to ensure that the appropriate sample size and statistical methods are specified to support study endpoints.
- Develops the statistical component of protocols for development-phase projects
- Ensure that clinical monitoring plans, data management plans, and statistical analysis plans are harmonized and ensure delivery of high quality data and analysis results for regulatory submissions
- Interact with members of the Data Management and Clinical Affairs teams to align statistical endpoints of the clinical study to data collection, monitoring, and analysis activities.
- Develops Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP) for clinical studies, maintains plan through life cycle of study, and executes analyses per plan.
- Develops statistical analysis programs to merge complex data structures from multiple databases, create analysis data set (ADS) and generate tables, listings, and figures (TLF) for reports.
- Participate in development of database clinical trial data specifications, including eCRF design, user requirements, edit rules/checks, query logic, and data validations. Ensures data specifications align with statistical analysis requirements and goals.
- Provides complex specifications and directions to clinical data analysts for creation of ADS and/or TLFs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum educational background of MS in statistics/biostatistics or other quantitative field. Exceptional candidates with backgrounds bridging biological science and biostatistics will be considered.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in biostatistics supporting development of medical diagnostics/devices.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (SAS, R) and query of relational database systems (SQL). Certifications in SAS programming a plus.
- Experience with extraction of data and reporting within Clinical Data Management systems (e.g. Medidata RAVE, Medrio, Oracle Clinical).
- Strong knowledge of statistical theory, experimental design and clinical trial methodologies, linear and nonlinear modeling, categorical and non-parametric methods, survival analysis, and associated sample size calculations.
- Familiarity with diagnostic clinical trial statistics is required.
- Ability to understand scientific questions and formulate statistical and data-analytic methods to provide solution to novel problems.
- Familiar with FDA guidelines and CLSI guidelines applicable to medical diagnostics is a plus.
- Experience with analysis of complex data from multiple source. Knowledge and experience using CDISC data standard models (CDASH, STDM, and ADAM).
- Ability to work independently and in project teams. Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Strong ability for public speaking in audiences with mixed backgrounds. Able to distill complex statistical concepts in simpler terms to generalized audiences
- This position will be based in Tarrytown, NY. Alternative locations may be considered that include Berkeley, CA or Glasgow, DE.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree in Statistics or Biostatistics
- At least 5-8 years experience supporting analytical and clinical verification and validation studies for immuno-assays in infectious disease, clinical chemistry, and/or oncology.
- At least 5 years experience in SAS Programming and with Medrio or Medidata Clinical Data Management Systems.
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility and statistical expertise to support analytical and clinical verification studies from planning through regulatory submission.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.