Siemens Electrical Products is looking for an Business Development Manager to develop the definition of projects, selecting sources and monitoring results. In addition they will develop processes and technical support to production, marketing, sales, and/or other departments. The candidate will report to the Operations Manager and have approximately 6 direct reports. Main objective of the position is to guide projects organization, definition, planning, implementation and control.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Develops and guides technical standards and develops technology design theory and procedures.
• Guides cross-functional initiatives to develop specifications reflecting user requirements and business criteria.
• Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Develops and manages departmental budgets and/or business plans for a small to midsize department
• Typical responsibility for innovation is to continuously enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods. Identifies resource needs and develops justification.
• Troubleshoots and resolves very complex problems.
• Responsible for overall success of function or project.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Computer Science or related education
• 8-10 years’ experience with WinPM/Power Manager software and complex power monitoring solutions such as sm@rtgear. Management experience preferred but not required
• Technical expertise understanding with Utilities, Metering, and/or Networking (TCP/IP, RS485, Modbus) required.
• Technical expertise in software and network configuration experience.
• Time and task management skills (e.g., Project Manager, Project Engineer).
• Must possess the ability to travel up to 50% of time.
• Strong trouble shooting skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skill both written and verbal with ability to interface with customers at all levels.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
• Proficiency with Xara, Paint.Net, and other graphical and editing software.
• SQL Database expertise.
• Ability to develop the design for, execute, and manage projects with complex power monitoring solutions.
• Ability to develop, implement, and drive continuous improvement in QA/QC processes related to Application Engineering.
• Ability to train and develop technical training for power monitoring solutions from basic to very advanced levels to serve multiple customer needs.
• Maintenance and growth of knowledge base database for use by internal and external users.
• Capacity to drive continuous improvement in technical knowledge and means and methods of Application Engineering team.
• Ability to manage and develop contract labor force and to delegate.
• Technical ability to work closely with Product Management to create and maintain technical documents as required.
• Ability to manage productivity of Application Engineering team for non-project
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.