This opportunity is a 5x8 3rd shift position that requires the successful candidate to manage all aspects of the Generator Rotor manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Generator products division. Success is dependent upon the ability to use operational measurements and matrixes to effectively manage the business day to day.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for manufacturing product using safe and efficient manufacturing processes through the management of the production team members. Oversee the production process making sure products are produced safely ensuring the highest quality and timeliness and with a commitment to process improvement and business initiatives including Six Sigma, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing. Under minimal direction, supervises all production employees, safety, scheduling assignments, line balancing, evaluation and control of build, monitoring of fulfillment of customer production and quality requirements, control of scrap and rework, efficiency, application of overtime, and documentation of these activities. The incumbent will act as the primary contact for in house departments for production related issues in assigned area and must be able to manage a diverse group of people, motivating staff to work together as one team.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed by all manufacturing personnel. Inform the employees of deficiencies and violations and take corrective action, if necessary, to ensure that procedures and practices are being followed. Assist in maintaining OSHA compliance on the plant floor, ensuring safety is a top priority in all aspects of the business.
- Study daily operating results, meet daily with subordinates, and consult with supervisors on solutions to production problems. Ensure that problems have been corrected. Maintain cooperation between departments.
- Ensure correct distribution of staff and assist with training for all new or transferred employees. Coordinate temporary staff requirements.
- Authorize and evaluate the overtime requirement for Production employees.
- Assist in mediation of personnel problems and conduct disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor customer production requirements and coordinate schedule adjustments when required.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of employee attendance records.
- Evaluate production reports and metrics, and make decisions that impact the results of the area of responsibility to established short and long range goals.
- Responsible for reviewing performance against operating plans and standards.
- Must have experience in promoting and participating in continuous improvement/lean activities that meet operational excellence expectations.
- Have production management skills and experience providing effective leadership to a range of employees with regard to business priorities.
- Accustomed to making impromptu decisions to allocate production resources that impact customer delivery.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, (BS/BA) Associates Degree or equivalent work-related experience as a production supervisor.
- 2 - 5 years of manufacturing experience involving winding and assembly
- 1 -3 years of direct supervisory experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and or 5S.
- Working knowledge of MRP and Quality Control systems.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent, demonstrated experience with computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Conflict resolution experience with an hourly workforce is preferred.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.