Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for carrying detail Engineering, Planning and Scheduling for below Instrumentation and Control (I&C) package for steam turbine in order to meet performance and contract specification.
- Turbine supervisory Panel, Governor, vibration monitoring & Over speed protection system
- Control and Protection logic for steam turbine & Auxiliary of various configuration
- Drawings like P & ID, Instr. hook-up, cable tray routine, instrument datasheets, DCS I/O list, setting list
- Selection and specification of various field instruments and junction box, Cable and earthing Engineering
- Familiar with reading and interpreting P&ID, control narratives. Knowledge of PLC/DCS system of Siemens/ others system like Emerson/Yokogawa/ABB/Honeywell/Invensys is added advantage
- Knowledge on SIL requirements and HAZOP study. Conversant with instrumentation requirement in Hazardous area.
- Provide support to PM on technical issues, support in cost control and interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
- Standardize the specifications and purchase requirements/engineering of equipment’s/activities in order to achieve reduction in engineers’ hours and/or better costs
- Able to provide support to quality & Site team for factory and site acceptance
- Knowledge of schematic preparation and component selection for control Panels.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) with 4-5 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of thermal power plant projects.
- Conversant with requirement of IEC, IS, ATEX, PESO and other national and international safety standards for instrumentation system.
- Well versed with AutoCAD and hands on experience on tools like MS Visio, MS Access & MS Excel.
- Prior experience in Oil & Gas market and exposure to requirements and handing of EPCs .
- Site experience during erection and commissioning and troubleshooting shall be added advantage
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment. Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time