Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Vice President, Legal – Commercial Solutions
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As the Vice President – Legal, Commercial Solutions, you will be responsible for:
· Leading a team of experienced lawyers and contract managers with responsibility for drafting and negotiating a broad range of sophisticated and complex commercial contracts with healthcare organizations and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs). The commercial agreements include equipment sales, outsourcing, consulting, joint development, licensing, business associate agreements, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals, which not infrequently involves innovating the nature and terms of contracting within the U.S. healthcare environments.
· Actively counseling senior sales and field finance staff members (as well as executive leadership) on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
· Closely collaborating with colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers enterprise services offerings (including in the development of new offerings), which incorporate a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices, maintenance services, consulting services, education and staffing solutions and on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
· Preparing and conducting training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
· Developing creative and compliant solutions to resolve intricate business challenges and complex customer disputes.
· Educating and guiding business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
· Negotiating with key customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and, occasionally, government agencies.
· Providing ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· You can lead a team of lawyers and contract managers to deliver excellent legal support within tight deadlines to a high-volume sales organization.
· You can independently lead and execute all facets of challenging and intricate engagements and do so with highest integrity and ethics – from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, negotiating, drafting, closing, and any subsequent conflict resolution.
· You have highly polished and effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executive leadership within a global and matrixed organization and with senior management of key customers.
· You have expertise in U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to Siemens Healthineers as a medical device manufacturer, as well as those applicable to its customers.
· You can identify and solve problems, including constructively engaging with relevant stakeholders and suggesting creative solutions.
· You can manage heavy workload effectively and meet deadlines.
· You possess strong written and oral communications skills.
· You have a willingness to learn and apply knowledge to work responsibilities.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- You have earned a Juris Doctor, or equivalent, and are admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
- At least 15 years of experience legal experience in a well-regarded healthcare-recognized law firm and/or the in-house legal department of a leading healthcare company; significant in-house experience a strong plus, especially within a publicly-listed company.
- Experience with large hospital networks, Group Purchasing Organizations and/or medical device companies (medical imaging and/or laboratory diagnostics) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with outsourcing, M&A or other multi-disciplinary, intricate/complex contracts is preferred.
- Experience with working in a multinational company is preferred.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.