Within the Smart Infrastructure division, the Energy Performance Services (EPS) activity designs and develops Energy Management Programs for its major Industrial and Tertiary Infrastructure customers. Based on a strategic analysis, these programs articulate turnkey projects and services enabling our clients to drastically improve their energy performance and environmental impact.
Thanks to our global approach integrating cutting-edge skills, patented technical solutions, expert project management and deconsolidating financing, we are profoundly changing the way our customers' sites and activities produce and use energy. We design ambitious, innovative, low-carbon energy efficiency and production solutions with the most comprehensive performance guarantees on the market.
We are looking for a Senior Energy Engineer to develop, design and implement tailored and innovative solutions to drastically reduce our customers' energy consumption and carbon emissions, while meeting the financial and business requirements of our customers. You will be involved both in the prospecting phase, to carry out rapid preliminary studies with qualified clients, and in the project development phase for detailed studies that will be the basis for turnkey projects with guaranteed performance that we deliver to our clients. As such, you are an essential player in the sales phase, but also in the execution and guarantee phases, as a technical guarantor of the consistency and performance of our projects from their genesis to their operation phase.
These missions will be carried out at the heart of a close-knit team including sales representatives, expert engineers and project managers within the rapidly expanding Energy Performance Services entity. The target market primarily includes large industrial sites, but also major tertiary infrastructures. Our offers are primarily focused on the optimization of the production, distribution, consumption and recovery of typically industrial Utilities (steam, hot water, chilled water, compressed air, etc.) and also integrate aspects of energy flexibility (microgrid, storage) and renewable production.
- Your first responsibility is to carry out preliminary and detailed studies in total autonomy, in close collaboration with our sales managers.
- In the pre-sales phase, you are responsible for all technical subjects, from the initial idea to the signing of the contract, including visits to complex industrial sites, energy analyses of energy production and distribution installations, consumer processes, the design and dimensioning of advanced technical solutions, calculations of savings and corresponding investment costs, the development of specifications for subcontractors, the development and implementation of IPMVP-type measurement and verification.
- In addition to carrying out project studies, you ensure sustained exchanges with the customer's technical teams (Process, Utilities, Maintenance, Quality) as well as active participation in negotiations alongside the sales teams with decision-makers in Purchasing, CAPEX/Investments and Industrial Performance/Technical Management.
- In the project and guarantee (service) implementation phases, you are an active support and bring your technical and energy expertise during the execution arbitrations and during the implementation of measurement and verification services (MnV),
- You maintain the highest quality assurance in project or service development processes, including the management of internal contacts and transfer to project execution and later service execution,
- You will interact and develop cooperation with the Siemens community of energy engineers in Europe and its competence center,
- You actively monitor new approaches, technical solutions and subsidies on the market to continuously improve our offers and business profile.
- Travel is to be expected up to 30% of the time.
Your assets for success:
- With an engineering school degree with a specialization in energy, thermal and/or mechanical engineering, you have at least 7 years of experience combining energy studies of industrial installations, complete design of energy efficiency projects (savings, solutions, costs, performance monitoring method) and participation in their implementation,
- You know how to carry out these studies as a true project manager, and how to effectively articulate your work with the many internal stakeholders (sales manager, other experts) as well as external stakeholders (customer, subcontractors).
- You have excellent expertise in steam/vapor, air conditioning/cooling, heating, ventilation, compressed air, and other industrial uses. A solid command of the following subjects is required: industrial heat recovery, industrial processes (food processing, pharmaceuticals, industrial furnaces). Technical knowledge of renewable energy and flexibility in energy management, building management systems (BMS) and industrial or building automation will also be appreciated.
- You are creative, autonomous and rigorous, and know how to find innovative solutions in line with customer needs and financial and environmental imperatives. Teamwork is essential for you, as is field work and interaction with customers, from operational teams to decision-makers.
- You speak and write English fluently.
You will join a team of seasoned professionals, both dynamic and supportive, working together to bring the greatest value to our clients in their goals to reduce energy and carbon impact.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time