Within our Smart Infrastructure division, the Energy Performance Services (EPS) activity designs and develops Energy Management Programs for its major Industrial and Tertiary Infrastructure customers. Based on a strategic analysis, these programs articulate turnkey projects and services enabling our clients to drastically improve their energy performance and environmental impact.
Thanks to our global approach, which integrates cutting-edge skills, patented technical solutions, expert project management and deconsolidating financing, we are profoundly changing the way our customers' sites and activities produce and use energy. We design ambitious, innovative, low-carbon energy efficiency and production solutions with the most comprehensive performance guarantees on the market.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager Distributed Energy for our Milan office in charge of setting up and developing Energy Management Programs and Major Projects for our major clients, particularly industrial clients.
Within the EPS Italy team, this position is in close collaboration with the Regional sales force, the Vertical Markets department and the National Key Accounts, as well as the EPS teams in Europe.
This position is based in Milan and needs to be filled as soon as possible.
This position, based in Italy, is to be filled as soon as possible on a permanent basis, with framework status. Travel is to be expected up to 40% of the time.
- Your first responsibility is to take orders from major customers in a context of strong growth in our business.
- You will define and implement the Strategy and Business Development Plan in collaboration with the management of the EPS Italy team.
- You prospect according to the established strategy by relying on your professional network and the Siemens sales force, by initiating and developing strong relationships with major Customers at C-level as well as with Divisions and major sites.
- You will identify, qualify and develop Program or Major Project opportunities according to the potential of each Prospect through the analysis of its situation in terms of sustainable development, energy, strategic and operational objectives and financial approach. You will meet and be in touch with all stakeholders (financial, technical, legal, purchasing, quality, etc.) around the opportunities under development.
- For Qualified Prospects, you are responsible for the entire process of interaction with the Client, from the initial exchanges to the conclusion of the contract, including the structuring and negotiation phases. You will coordinate the stakeholders at the Client's site and efficiently manage their decision-making process, relying on the technical experts and project developers of the EPS Italy team.
- You will monitor your markets (customer activities, competition, regulations, etc.) to enrich our value proposition to Customers and regularly adjust your commercial strategy.
Your assets for success:
- You have a sound professional experience in developing and selling complex projects in the field of distributed energy resources and systems (DER or DES), local renewable energy production like photovoltaics or wind farms, microgrids, energy storage solutions, e.g. acquired in a consulting firm, with decision-makers at large sites or companies of national and international dimension.
- You have a good knowledge of the technical aspects of local low-carbon energy production (renewable energies, microgrids, flexibility/demand response...) and a passion for the topics of the Energy Transition, in particular carbon-reducing corporate programs. You are familiar with the subsidies related to these projects.
- You have a hunting temperament and excellent abilities to innovate, convince, negotiate and conclude contracts at the highest level of the company (Top Management, Purchasing, Industrial and Financial Directors) but also with local contacts at Site level.
- You are recognized for your great tenacity, autonomy and strong results orientation in sales with long cycles.
- You have a solid network of medium-sized and large Italian and international industrial companies present in Italy. You have an excellent knowledge of industrial environments (in particular Food, Pharma-Cosmetics / Life Science, Luxury, Materials, Chemistry) and a great experience of their decision process for budgeting and allocation of projects and services.
- You can autonomously carry out our financing solutions (leasing contracts, "As a Service" contracts, third party investments, etc.) and the contracting of Projects with Performance Guarantee.
- You are fluent in English and Italian and feel at ease in an international and multicultural environment.
You will join a team of experienced professionals, both dynamic and supportive, working together to bring the greatest value to our clients.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time