As the Accounting Governance Business Partner, you will support the Generation and Transmission Divisions with the application and implementation of approved accounting standards and policies, while also supporting the Non-Oil & Gas (NOG) Operating Companies in the US. The position can be located in Orlando, FL or Houston, TX.
Your Areas of Responsibility will include:
· Ensuring application and implementation of approved accounting policies for assigned organizational units, in line with respective legal/regulatory requirements.
· Ensuring that personnel in the business are trained on new accounting policies and that processes and practices are adjusted if required.
· Being a trusted advisor to the NOG Operating Company for all accounting topics.
· Ensuring that internal controls are in place and effective and cooperates with internal and external auditors.
· Driving, managing and assessing improvements in governance procedures for General Ledger and all sub-ledgers for the NOG Operating Company.
· Ensuring compliance with local accounting, tax, statutory and other applicable regulations in Finance/Accounting.
Assist in assessing and implementing system changes as required due to global or local changes in regulations or process improvements.
· You'll partner with External auditors
· Internally, you'll partner with the Head of Accounting/Controlling Hub, commercial functions in Divisions / BUs and legal entities, other CCS functions, GBS, CF R HQ departments, and our Internal Audit team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· 8+ years of experience in operational accounting
· Experience with projects implementation desirable.
· Knowledge and work experience of SAP
· Knowledge of the Financial Reporting Guidelines.
· Establish an environment of trust and encourage team members to speak up.
· Develop and leverage relationships within/across team/work groups to achieve results.
· Choose the best course of action through effective decision making.
· Lay out action plans, translate strategic priorities into measures and execute accordingly.
· Use effective involvement to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions.
· Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
· Self-motivated and driven to achieve goals.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.