Teamcenter Specialist – Chippenham or Poole
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of UK’s best places to work - Siemens Mobility.
Siemens Mobility has been a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, we are constantly innovating our portfolio in core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my Responsibilities?
· In the role you will be driving the administration and enhancement of the Teamcenter systems of Siemens Mobility covering locations in Great Britain, Germany, Australia and India.
· Based on Project manager at Siemens guidelines you will be responsible for the introduction and further development of several Teamcenter installations. You will coordinate project activities with participating business departments, IT specialist departments as well as external developers and suppliers.
· As PLM specialist you will analyse the requirements of our users and elaborate solutions, always with the background of an optimal economic practicability.
· You will prepare system implementations, updates and support tool analysis, tests, documentation, debugging and error correction.
· The role will require you to further development of the knowledge base including user documentation as well as tests, implementation and release of new features are also part of your task spectrum
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
· Deep knowledge and work experience in Teamcenter
· BSC in computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable education with corresponding additional skills successfully.
· Within your multi-annual relevant professional experience, you could acquire knowledge in configuration, installation and customer specific extension of PLM systems including interfaces to third party systems (e.g. ERP) as well as a high degree of process understanding.
· You convince us with distinctive expertise in Teamcenter and document management, in the area of data modelling with the Business Modeler IDE, the definition of queries (Query Builder), output of reports (bill of materials, forms, workflows) and in the area of BOM management.
· Ideally, you have experiences in the field of project and service management including incident management, error categorization and analyze in interaction with internal departments or suppliers in the area of engineering and manufacturing.
· Skills and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical uses cases, user stories and workflows are desirable.
· Furthermore, knowledge in SAP, web, cloud and database technology distinguishes you.
· Ideally you will some language skills in addition to English, German would beneficial but not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time