This position will be in
the Business Controlling team of Fort Payne, Alabama Manufacturing Large Generator
components facility, reporting to the Plant Controller.
We are seeking a professional with financial experience who will support budget planning, forecasting and reporting, actual-versus-plan-analysis, month end closing activities and special project assignments.
The position includes a wide scope of responsibility that could prepare the successful candidate for future leadership opportunities
How do you shape the future through Energy? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow – the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Generator Manufacturing.
· Preparation of yearly budget, monthly forecast and actual vs plan analysis
· Ensure data quality and consistency in FOCUS and SAP
· Support in month end closing activities including but not limited to posting of journal entries, SOA documentation
· Support asset capitalization process and yearly DPA tax review
· Support management with Ad-Hoc tasks and analyses proving high quality in limited available time as well as support with presentations internally as well as externally
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong working knowledge of SAP (OPP, FICO, SD)
- Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with the ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyze large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management’s use and colleagues
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proven process improvement competence
- Ability to provide guidance and train other professional staff
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proven work experience under pressure
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated the attribute of influencing without formal authority in prior positions of increasing responsibility
- Looking for an emerging leader for a key position in the Finance organization
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CPA, MBA or other advanced certifications
- Knowledge of FOCUS+, SAP OPP, Microsoft Access
- Previous experience in manufacturing finance
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.