Siemens Logistics LLC is a provider of logistic industry products and solutions. We are in search of an experienced Service Technician to provide onsite support at The Bank of New York Mellon location in Pittsburgh, PA. The purpose of this role is to provide onsite technical support and outstanding customer service for Siemens Logistics products and services. The successful candidate will provide onsite support, maintenance repair, inventory management and standby support for our customers postal sortation equipment. The candidate must be hands on, solutions oriented and able to multi-task. He/she must be able to discuss failures and provide feedback regarding specific customer repairs, trends being observed/discovered, and product repair history. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot electrical circuitry, navigation of graphical user interfaces, mechanical abilities to perform preventative maintenance and repair work. Ideal candidate will have automated equipment experience in these fields.
- Performs on-site technical support
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair
- Performs support using tools, test equipment, documentation, etc. to increase customer satisfaction
- Inventory management of customers spare parts
- Demonstrates extensive product knowledge
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate group
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and escalated accordingly
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Prioritize and manage repair works
- Ensure service level agreement for machine availability is met
- Performs standby support, availability to be reached during off hours
- Provide onsite emergency support, as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree or 1-2 years of vocational training and/or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits, program logic controllers, motor controllers and mechanical components
- Must be able to lift to 100lbs
- Must be capable bending, crawling and working in tight spaces
- Ability to troubleshoot system using electrical prints
- Ability to maintain spare parts inventory via the use of Excel
- Ability to navigate computer programs and GUI interfaces
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Familiarity with Siemens Postal and/or Commercial Mail Solutions
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- 500 Ross Street Corporation
- Pittsburgh, PA 15262
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.