Supplier quality professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Strong communication skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are critical for success in this position.
• Assessment, qualification and development of Mechanical system suppliers.
• Evaluates supplier’s systems, products, components, and applications against technical and quality requirements. Review and implement an effective PPAP process at Siemens suppliers.
• Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Siemens requirements.
• Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
• Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Develop long term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
Specific Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial engineering or equivalent
• At least 3 years of experience dealing with mechanical systems.
• At least 3 years of working experience in new product development, testing and Inspection.
• 30% travel requirement including some international travel.
• Cross-functional work experience in major areas such as product engineering, supply chain management, project management, manufacturing, or operations
• Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible team player based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, action oriented, and able to utilize resources outside quality area.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience working in supply chain preferred.
• Prefer Certified Quality Engineer/Manager(CQE/CQM)
• 3 years of experience in Quality field related to Rail Industry.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.