Who are we?
Siemens’ Energy technology brings power and water to Qatar’s cities, pioneers’ digital infrastructure and industry and develops local talent through education and knowledge transfer. With a leading role in Oil & Gas, electrification, automation and digitalization, Siemens is building on more than 40 years in the region with innovative technology that supports sustainable economic growth and enhances the lives of citizens.
Siemens Energy – Oil & Gas Service Business Unit delivers the right service solutions for gas turbines, steam turbines, generators or compressors to increase efficiency, reliability and availability throughout their entire lifecycle. From modernizations and upgrades, remote monitoring, lifetime extensions, digital and condition monitoring to LTSAs for complete plants, we partner with you to achieve optimal performance and maximize success.
The candidate will be responsible for SE O SV Project Management activities on complex projects typically involving Siemens Aero-derivative gas turbines and turbo compressors. The candidate will preferably have Siemens Project Management experience at and Advanced – Expert level.
This position offers the chance to join a dynamic and growing Siemens business in Qatar as part of the Project Management team to execute a key role in supporting critical infrastructure, offering the opportunity to develop existing competencies and learn new skills through various forms of training. Qatar is a cosmopolitan location offering excellent life style opportunities.
· Establishing an action plan, translating strategic priorities into operational reality.
· Setting high goals for self and others, consistently trying to meet and exceed them.
· Integrating the customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action.
- Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of
- ideas and commitment to actions.
- Using own understanding of key market drivers to create and seize business
- Drives own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and target agreement to manage the project as entrepreneur.
- Stands for overall responsibility on project results based on strategic priorities and set goals (e.g. budget, quality, schedule, EHS)
Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle until final acceptance (FAC):
- Develops action plans and drives commitment to relevant planning elements and milestone results.
- Sets up and maintains the Siemens Project Management Plan including Quality Management Plan.
- Involves the relevant partners in the sales/ project initiation phase.
- Performs contract reading and derives actions concerning risks, opportunities and contractual obligations.
- Is responsible for integration of technical solution incl. all (sub-) systems.
- Ensures proper ramp up and execution of site activities
- Holds regular project status meetings and organizes acceptance of milestone work results.
- Documents all work results according to the valid standards.
- Manages acceptance (tests) and final project handover.
- Is responsible for quality, EHS for the entire project.
Manage Customer Requirements:
- Actively gathers information on the customer and customer's strategies and manages requirements and targets
- Manages customer expectations
- Actively communicates with customer's senior representatives and manages solving of issues
- Regularly performs lessons learned activities and feeds the results into own project and organization
- At an early stage, informs customer, management and project team of deviations from project plan
- Actively builds relationships to customer representatives.
- Develop strategies for the project and beyond.
- Acts as advisor for his line/senior management.
- Develops and considers strategic targets for own project in alignment with business strategy. and stipulates a project target agreement with the responsible business manager.
- Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally to senior management.
- Identifies / creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects.
Manage project finances:
- Lives full responsibility for the financial results according to set targets.
- Examines the project proposal/order entry costing.
- Ensures regular financial controlling and reporting according to regulations.
- Optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and project related assets.
- and minimizes non-conformance costs.
- Ensures that the results of risk assessments are appropriately reflected in project calculation.
- Fosters change orders with good margin contribution.
Manage project team:
- Agrees targets with project staff and delegates defined work packages.
- Holds and seeks actively feedback (e.g. team members, managers, customers)
- Takes responsibility for own and supports team-members' work life balance.
- Supports team-members' personal development (eg. PMP-process)
- Involves the project team in all relevant project issues.
- Demonstrates leadership to functionally assigned intercultural staff, agrees targets and delegates accordingly.
- Cooperates closely with line managers and experts.
- Facilitates and monitors effective team collaboration (e.g. via coaching)
- Fosters ownership culture within the project team.
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and manages efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders incl. different countries/ regions, headquarter, customer, partners, suppliers as well as authorities and other interest group.
- Establishes a stakeholder project impact-/mitigation study.
- Communicates cross-organizational with internal contacts on opportunities for further improvements.
- Drives interpersonal relationship, fosters effective communication and presentation and manages conflicts.
- Drives intercultural communication and collaboration.
- Selects and involves partners / subcontractors based on strategic viewpoints and defined criteria.
- Involves procurement at an early stage according to valid Siemens procurement rules.
Manage risk, contract and claims:
- Follows the LoA relevant process.
- Assesses contracts in a NCM, EPC or turnkey project.
- Manages an overall project with onshore and offshore part according to the New Collaboration Model.
- Negotiates with stakeholders on Change Requests and incorporates them into contracts.
- Agrees with stakeholders the strategy for making / mitigating / defending claims.
- At an early stage identifies, drives, defends and mitigates claims.
- Involves the project team in the identification of changes and claims.
- Ensures monitoring and management of risks and opportunities and early escalation.
- Identifies and assesses risk factors utilizing available risk measurement tools.
- Devises suitable strategies for risk mitigation and ensures the implementation of the risk mitigating measures.
- Implements procedure to solve all major issues with all necessary internal and external partners prior to project disorientations.
- Monitors the progress with an integrated KPI tracking tool/system to enable early warning of project disorientations.
- Leads project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Follows existing rules (e.g. tax regulations, arms lengths principle, delegation of employees, guarantees and export control)
- Sets necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health and safety.
- Sets up a framework to regular check of compliance.
- Involves the necessary BU contacts or corporate units (e.g. crises management)
- Ensures compliance to local standards and law of countries directly affected.
- Ensures compliance to internal and international rules
- Ensures the overall quality of works, products and deliverables
- The SPM is supported by the assigned Senior Commercial Project Manager and maintains a close collaboration with him
Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from differently abled people and thus support the initiative.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time