Technical Product Manager – Senior-SISW-PLM
Siemens Digital Industries Software (DI SW) is looking for a product portfolio manager with a passion for technology and business finance, responsible for cross functional portfolio management projects within the Global Strategy and Marketing group. Portfolio Management develops a holistic view of the current and future portfolio for Siemens DI SW, including identifying and defining portfolio gaps, white spaces and adjacencies. This group creates a market model for each of the Portfolio elements that includes key parameters of growth, size and competitive landscape. They conduct make/buy/invest/partner analysis, identify potential targets, develop strategies and conduct due diligence before making the final recommendations to DI SW CxO management.
This is a small diverse team, with high visibility to the DI SW unit Leadership team. The team researches and documents strategic initiatives and recommendations for the company’s mid and long-term technological roadmap for both acquisitions and investments.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, flexible, energetic professional to work within a high-performance team, and participate in shaping the future business of the market leader in Industrial Software. It is also a great opportunity if you enjoy working cross-functionally with other teams located around the globe!
What will you be doing?
• Manage Siemens’ Deal Book, including defining and documenting Siemens DI SW M&A/Investment strategy mid-term and the acquisition targets for the upcoming fiscal year period;
• Coordinate with internal business segments and division strategy in Germany on determining the M&A strategy, target selection, building business models and pursuing acquisition targets.
• Lead inorganic Product Portfolio Planning projects by coordinating R&D, Sales, Strategy, CTO, and Finance Teams, and all business segments, in completing: Identification of portfolio gaps using M&A market models; Competitive analysis and strategy plan development; Building an analytical framework for internal/acquisition/partner/invest analysis
• Lead collaboration between Product groups and Industry Strategy groups development of concept documents (M-Docs) for product and solution offerings.
• Collaborate and coordinate investment activities with Next47, Siemens Venture Capital group
• Prepare deal proposals in collaboration with Finance, Unit and Operating Company DI Strategy/ CTO and corporate M&A functions including
• Preparation and alignment of financial valuation for standalone M&A targets, based on industry standard valuation methods, like Discounted-Cash-Flow (DCF) and Multiples;
• Determination of Sales and Cost Synergies for M&A targets based on market data, technical assessment, business model and financial situation of companies identified for acquisition; and execution of management presentation and final recommendation.
• Support M&A execution carried out by Due Diligence teams composed of R&D, Sales Management, Operations, Legal, Finance, Governance, Compliance, and Logistics.
• Undergraduate in Engineering (B.E. or B.S.) is required, with a Master Business Administration (MBA) from reputed institution is required.
• A minimum of at least 3+ years in the software industry, technology consulting or high-tech industry is a requirement for this position.
• Strong finance knowledge is required (with management consulting experience as an added plus)
• Software domain experience, or experience in EDA or IC design to manufacturing is strongly preferred.
• Required amount of travel with the position: 5%
• Understanding of company structures, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flows is required
• Ability to model relationships between the product portfolio of a software company, and their financials, to formulate successful business recommendations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written as well as verbal, and executive presence is required.
• International work experience or work in multicultural environment will be highly valued
• Must currently reside in the continental USA.
• Must be open to relocating to the Cypress, CA area if not already located there.
**Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.