Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We have a fantastic opportunity for Export Control Business Partner to join Legal and Compliance team in Siemens Mobility in the UK and Ireland.
As an Export Control Business Partner you will be the contact person and consultant for your business units and the regions assigned to you in all matters relating to goods and order-specific export control as well as sanctions and embargo regulations to ensure the effective implementation of the Internal Control Program (ICP EX) and will provide additional advice and support for appointed business unit EX Associates for Export Control related matters. Besides your home market in UKI, it is envisaged that you will also provide dedicated support within the compliance organisation on cross country operations and collaboration in the Siemens Mobility markets in Europe.
You will provide an effective and efficient implementation and application of Siemens Mobility Export Control guidelines based on national and international export control regulations as well as standardized Export Control solutions in the assigned area.
What are your responsibilities
- Advise, guide and support Siemens Mobility legal entities regarding Export Control issues, including:
- Preparation of documents for government authority’s official inquiries and audits
- Organization of Export Control processes
- Permanent information update within organization
- Involvement in the process of checking end use and end user, according to Export Control guidelines
- Material / software / technology classification according to Export Control regulation, especially US EAR (US Export Administration Regulations) and EU Dual-Use regulations requirements
- Decisions arising from Sanction Party Screening for any blocked orders
- Preparation and handling of export control licenses (ECO /BAFA / BIS) as well as fulfillment of license conditions
- Consultancy for any Export Control related regulation
- Monitor and evaluate global and national Export Control regulatory changes
- Identify, analyse and monitor export relevant risks that fall within your area of responsibility
- Participate in internal reviews and external audits; take and follow-up corrective actions
- Enforce defined governance functions, e.g. inspections and training to ensure Export Control compliance based on guidelines
- Perform day-to-day operation in following areas: Sanction Party Screening, product classification (ECCN – Export Control classification number), block orders release, Export Control license application (ECO/BIS/ BAFA), etc.
- Perform spot checks, surveys, and self-assessments in responsible areas
- Develop strategies and process for export control program changes (internal and external)
- Define requirements and plan for Export Control training programs
- Perform trainings in assigned areas of responsibilities e.g. to employees in Business units and assigned Export Control Associates in multiple countries
- Define requirements for internal review program and perform reviews according to Siemens Mobility strategy and plan
- Define requirements and provide support for export control tools and solutions (SAP related) and monitor implementation
What do you need to qualify for this job
- You have solid, professional experience in trade compliance (Export Control related) or contract management, order processing, supply chain related positions.
- Good and solid knowledge of Export Control regulations, including EU export control regulation, US EAR. Knowledge of Export Control regulation in assigned areas of responsibilities is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication skills
- Ability to work with global team and cross function team under pressure with proactive and self-motivated manner
- Good presentation skills e.g for In-Person Trainings of Virtual-In-Person Trainings via MS Teams
- Strong IT skill, especially with supply chain related tools, experience in SAP system preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English language. Knowledge in any other languages of the assigned areas are desired
- Bachelor’s degree or above in international trade / Legal or relevant major
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time