Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Project managers bring people, ideas, and opportunities together. They are temporary team leaders, have all of a project’s costs and deadlines under control, get things rolling, understand technology and get people moving. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special project management career path.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Drives Gas Turbine and Control Upgrade projects in close coordination with customer and internal stake holders.
- Executes within the defined requirements (e.g. regarding targets for project cost, time, quality, functionality and customer satisfaction).
- The PM is responsible to drive the project according to areas of project management within PM @ Siemens Guidelines including preparing detailed project management plans, resources allocation, conduct monthly project reviews and reporting project health status, controlling NCCs, preparing / updating project risk register and derive mitigation measures, timely preparation of claims and ensure claim management, material handling and related logistics, and finally achieving execution excellence including higher customer satisfaction.
- Executes projects with close coordination across multiple functions including engineering, business controlling, supply chain management, logistics as well as interfaces with other project management offices as key internal stake holders.
- Prepare detailed scope of work for contractors and support supply chain management during negotiations.
- Creates new business opportunities while executing projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You adhere to highest safety standards and exhibit process-oriented approach.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical OR Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- You have minimum 10 years of work experience as a part of project teams out of which at least 4 - 6 years as a Project Manager with full profit and loss responsibility in managing projects in Oil & Gas domain. Previous work experience with AGT products shall add more value to your candidature.
- You hold a valid PM Certification (Cat C Project as per PM @ Siemens or Class C as per IPMA or equivalent) as a pre-requisite for this position.
- You are experienced in handling complex projects involving multi-cultural, multi-national / regional, diverse group of project team members and stake holders as well as you understand topics related to taxation, cross-border staffing, and contract management very well.
- You have demonstrated effective handling of Risk and Opportunity as well as Claim Management during past project execution leading to overall project success and customer satisfaction.
- You possess strong analytical / problem solving skills, and negotiation skills.
- You consider travelling as an integral part of the job and you are ready to frequently travel for short duration customer meetings during project execution as well as long duration offshore platforms visits during project commissioning.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time