We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer for our Overhead Switch product lines. The objective of the Mechanical Engineer is to manage the technical expectations of the project among the stakeholders involved and to manage active cost savings opportunities as well as assist in the research/brainstorming of new ideas that will generate savings. You will ensure that the end result of the switch design is in accordance with the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements, and the applicable technical regulations.
- Understanding of customer requirements that have impact in the mechanical configuration of the switch.
- Confirm that the requirements listed by Sales and the Customer are included in the agreed scope of supply.
- Design new original parts and assemblies to meet the requirements of “Design To Order” tasks using 3D modeling programs.
- Manage the list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project and create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality, and release the order to production.
- Complete “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include the update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Provide support and feedback as needed to the Siemens MV AIS R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified, as well as potential and ongoing cost savings projects that are vital to the business.
- Design in 2D for our legacy parts / assemblies that have not made the migration to 3D.
- Assist in the migration of 2D to 3D, as well as migration from Solidworks to NX11 where needed.
- Develop knowledge of product and applicable codes and standards to complete required documents.
- Be a technical project leader taking full ownership of the overall deliverables.
- Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D engineering tools (Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 2D engineering tools. AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong work ethic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
- Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay transparent about project status and planned completion dates.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- 10% Travel Required.
Considered a plus but not required:
- Experience with mechanical design for overhead switch products, preference given to experience with Siemens products.
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle, etc). Preference to SAP.
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc). Preference to SalesForce.
- Experience with VBA or other programming languages. Experience with using programming to drive efficiency in projects.
- Experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.