NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens is looking for a Technical Project Manager – Advanced who will function as an Operations Project Manager for the Siemens Digital Exchange (S-DEX).
The S-DEX is Siemens’ ecommerce marketplace that seamlessly connects our customers (buyers) to catalogs of Siemens and third-party sellers’ software products and services, where customers can try products for free, easily purchase, access and lead their accounts, and chat with sales representatives (US only).
A successful Operations Project Manager brings strong eye for business and customer focus, as well as technical and software expertise. They represent the voice of the S-DEX to its customers, both sellers and buyers, working with these parties to efficiently guide them through their journeys on the S-DEX. This position requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and social skills. Applicants should have experience defining and managing projects and working in a flawless and collaborative mode with various partners. In addition, this position involves collecting requirements that may arise from sellers’ or buyers’ onboarding journeys, writing detailed specifications, coordinating with the S-DEX platform product owner and development teams to foster and realize.
The Operations Project Manager role is a broad one where a candidate is most successful if they can scale in perspective from strategic vision development to tactical project management tasks.
This position is within the DEX team (DI SW CAS DCO DEX); Title of direct manager – Technical Project Manager – Adv.
Primary responsibilities of this position include working directly with S-DEX customers to handle their needs as they progress with their journeys on S-DEX. This includes internal Siemens DI SW business segments primarily, other Siemens business units, 3rd party sellers and customers of Siemens. You will be involved in seller onboarding, product/app onboarding, customer purchase of products on S-DEX, and other such interactions that typically occur on an online digital marketplace that connects buyers and sellers.
The role requires you to work with product, program management and development team(s) to define solutions approaches and delivery schedules; as well as with business and QA analysts to define and validate specific scenarios as relevant to projects.
We expect you to anticipate bottlenecks, find opportunities, run risk and partner concerns, and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints. Clearly and efficiently communicate with all partners, including management is essential to drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, efficiency and output quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience (MBA is a strong plus)
- Prove experience in Project Management
- Experience with an agile development context
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including detailed and effective customer communications
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly fast paced and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Analytical acumen, and relief generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and problem solve that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
- Experience with Salesforce.com and its B2B Commerce module is helpful
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United Kingdom.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time