Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You are an experienced Regional Commodity Manager for castings and machined castings in Strategic Procurement of Siemens Mobility business to work at our factory located in Nashik.
What are your responsibilities?
· Be an active part of the strategy development in the commodity
· Implement global commodity strategy
· Analyze supplier market with respect to cost, quality, on time delivery and lead time
· Develop commodity technology roadmaps and sourcing plans with stakeholder support, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
· Perform supplier evaluations and drive supplier development plans
· Conduct and conclude supplier negotiations / contracts /price lists
· Drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodity in order to maximize material cost savings
· Perform bottom-up cost calculations to identify cost drivers in mechanical systems, subsystems and components.
· Drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodity in a cross functional environment incorporating Engineering, Production and Quality in order to maximize material cost savings
· Be an active part and contributor for new product developments within global setup
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· The position requires professional expertise, with commercial and technical knowledge
· Product knowledge of motors / geared parts and (machined) Castings
· Self-motivated, KPI driven and results focused with strong strategic mindset
· Establishing good relationships and co-operations with suppliers and with internal cross functional interfaces
· Good in verbal and written communication
· Very good language skills in English
· Willingness to travel (40 %)
· 5+ experience in handling procurement of SG Iron, Steel Castings.
· Bachelors / Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Nashik. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time