Due to organizational growth, Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division located in Sacramento, California is adding a Quality Inspector to the team. The ideal candidate will excel in performing various types of inspections and will possess skills in time management, attention to detail & exceptional customer service. Siemens Quality Department has a culture that prides itself in driving improvements in quality, production & safety. Our team consists of innovators who love to learn, solve problems and take pride in the work we do. If you are someone that has strong mechanical and analytical skills, is a self-starter, who works well as a team member and independently please apply.
- Reads and understands drawings, process specifications, procedures, work instructions, inspection documentation and certificates, in metric measurement units.
- Uses precision measuring equipment as well as specialized inspection and testing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains clear inspection documentation for the above functions.
- Analyze the results of gear charts/graphs and CMM data.
- Supports the Lead Inspection and the Quality Specialist by leading the scheduled Calibration and Certification by accurately maintaining all measuring equipment and other gauges or items related to test bench to include sound and vibration equipment, temperature equipment, oil testers, speed, torque equipment, etc. and by delivering gauges on-time.
- Assist in tracking and filling of inspection documentation.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience as an inspector or machinist.
- Previous experience using precision measuring equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of blueprint reading, incoming inspection documents/protocols, shop mathematics, FAI and ISO standard.
- Knowledge of metric measurement and tolerance system.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methods and practices and CMM inspection parameters.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, Education
Previous experience with ANSI, ISO, DIN and NEMA standards.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.