VAT Tax Accountant
The VAT Tax Accountant will be an integral part of the Siemens US Indirect Tax team. You will be responsible to ensure that US Siemens Operating Companies, in which GBS (Global Business Services) TX is engage for VAT accounting services, are compliant with European Union VAT (Value Added Tax) rules and regulations, while achieving individually assigned objectives and targets. You will work closely with the European Tax Specialist for US GBS, Record to Report, a division of Siemens Corp. The mission of the department is to provide comprehensive support to all represented US Siemens Operating Companies for transactional taxes including sales and use taxes, property taxes, business licenses, excise taxes, unclaimed property, and VAT.
This position will be an individual contributor role who demonstrates entry level knowledge and principles of VAT accounting and applies this knowledge through successful completion of assignments.
This position will be based in Orlando, FL. You will interface with both internal and external contacts. External contacts will include taxing authorities, vendors, and partners. Internally this position will interface with US Siemens Operating Companies to obtain data for tax compliance and audit activities.
VAT Tax Accounting
- Completion of monthly compliance metrics, reconcile assigned Siemens US VAT accounts and system uploads, recommend adjustment of VAT journal entries to properly reflect VAT position
- Provide VAT accounting guidance and instructions to Siemens Businesses, including VAT invoice requirements and backup support documentation requirements
- Lead the gathering of necessary backup support documentation for VAT reporting, request VAT invoice revisions and VAT invoice credits as necessary
- Recommend and execute improvements to VAT accounting procedures.
VAT Compliance Activities
- Complete accounting work activities surrounding VAT compliance to ensure the monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance cycles are completed in a cost effective, timely and accurate manner
- Run reports to provide VAT compliance data to partners in order to meet filing declaration requirements, as well as provide VAT backup data as needed to compliance partners
- Provide guidance for VAT invoice adjustments and backup support to comply with VAT laws
- Actively participate in weekly calls to coordinate and partner on compliance activities with Siemens business
VAT Tax Consulting/Strategic Planning
- Assist and participate in the development of Siemens competencies to the Siemens Business Units through regularly scheduled VAT training workshops
- Research, recommend, and implement process changes that reduce potential VAT exposure
Tax Auditing/Reverse Audits
- Compile, organize, document, and communicate data for external VAT tax audits,
- Support and potentially lead internal VAT accounting audits and propose and implement corrective actions
- Assist coordination partner activities relative to VAT audits
- Recommend potential changes and/or improvements in internal procedures due to audit results and recommendations provided by VAT audit lead
- Research, analyze and prepare VAT refund opportunities, and support partner in filing VAT refunds opportunities
- Document, monitor, evaluate, and update internal desktop procedures and process maps on VAT compliance activities
- Document, monitor, and update VAT internal controls
- Recommend and implement compliance process improvements that will Improve efficiencies in the VAT compliance process using LEAN methodology
Assist and/or lead VAT Accounting improvement projects or other projects assigned to increase the productivity of the Indirect Tax team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA or VAT Certification preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge of VAT tax, indirect tax experience or tax compliance concepts, practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to problem resolve accounting issues
- Demonstrated ability to operate in multiple ERP systems, SAP is preferred
- Ability to research VAT supply chain taxability and provide recommendations
- Prior US-based experience with a global company is highly preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point (V-Lookup, Pivot tables etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Team Player
- Excellent written and communication skills
- This position will require minimal (5% travel)
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.