Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as an Electrician where you will help us provide services and products that make a difference. You will become a member of the local union and assigned to work 2nd shift at our Olean, NY facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Inspect, test, install, construct, repair and service electrical and electronic equipment as required.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams, and drawings to install, repair adjust, calibrate, construct, modify and service electrical and electronic equipment.
- Locate source of trouble in any type of electrical or electronic equipment by tracing and testing circuits.
- Dismantle, inspect, adjust, repair or replace faulty parts on motors, controllers, relay and control equipment, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, brakes, panel boards, resistance banks, etc.
- Operates threading and bending equipment to perform conduit work.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Have a 2 year technical degree in electronics and 2 years of industrial electronics experience, or 5 years industrial electronics experience with an electronics certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles, wiring specification codes, properties of materials, principles of operation and application of equipment.
- You are able to pass written Maintenance Electrician test.
- You are able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to climb and work at heights in excess of thirty (30) feet on a regular basis daily.
- You are able to work in restricted spaces.
What additional knowledge will help you in role?
- Experience with computer numerical controlled equipment a plus.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Energy (SE) is a global pacesetter, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.#OLEAN_SE
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.