Wind Service Technician - Amarillo area – Texas Panhandle
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 24,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
The Wind Service Technician performs troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary, planned and unplanned maintenance, work in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
• Provide excellent service to our customers
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices Actively work on wind power projects
• Flexible travel schedule (eventually up to 100% travel)
• Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
• Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
• Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
Required skills, experience, and education:
• Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Wind Technician (preferably experience with GE 1.x ESS turbines, including the Basic and Advanced GE 1.x ESS training)
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
• Availability to travel up to 100%
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations.
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must pass pre-hire drug screening
• Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
• We offer relocation to Amarillo area – Texas Panhandle for moves over 50 miles
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.