We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive and communities to progress, and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our global team of 380,000 and help us to create environments that care.
Our “Building Products” business unit enables smart buildings by connecting the digital world with the physical. Our innovative technology provides intelligent building automation and safety, as well as software and cloud offerings for commercial, industrial and public buildings and infrastructures.
Digitalization is set to change almost all industries, and the challenge is translating this opportunity into future business. Our strategy team is focusing on this very task in order to maintain our strong growth and also our position as a market leader in building technologies.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-thinking and sharp-minded personality to strengthen this team as a Strategy Professional. As a dynamic team player with a strong customer focus, you know how to ask the right questions and help find answers that make a difference. You will be part of a multinational team working in close collaboration with business executives, enabling you to shape our business for tomorrow and beyond.
Your new responsibilities
- Shaping the future strategy of our Business Unit and exploring the opportunities that digitalization offers. Defining new business models by researching new technologies and our market environment, aligning opportunities with our internal resource base, deriving high impact business strategies
- Working on interdisciplinary strategy projects in multinational teams across all seniority levels, structuring multi-dimensional challenges, keeping the ball rolling and facilitating collaboration where necessary
- Analyzing areas of strategic growth and innovation for our product business, consulting and making recommendations to management
- Supporting, communicating and implementing strategy and its process
- Building, sustaining and sharing knowledge within the team
- Supporting our Head of Strategy in driving strategy and business excellence initiatives
Your skills and experience
- A university degree in a technical field or in economics
- Previous experience in either the building automation, equipment or construction industries or connected products and software industries would be a real plus
- The ideal candidate would have around five years of professional work experience in a corporate environment or top management consulting firm. Experience in a software / IoT hardware environment would be beneficial
- A high degree of self-motivation and a quick grasp of new topics to keep pace with the daily challenges of the role, as well as the ability to be flexible, analytical, structured and work independently
- Strategic thinker with the skills and willingness to dive deep into selected topics.
- Proven ability to work with and across different levels of an organization in a collaborative way and communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Any domain expertise within IoT / digitalization, technology-driven or building automation environments would be a plus
- Project management experience is preferable, knowledge of consulting methods and tools would be helpful
- We are looking for a person who aims to grow beyond this role within our organization in the long term
- Proficient business English is a must, conversational German is preferable, any other languages would be a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Qualified applicants must have a valid work permit for Switzerland or an EU/EFTA citizenship.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time