We are currently recruiting for a Commissioning & Warranty Technician to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business. This is an exciting time to join us and contribute to our Deep Tube Upgrade programme (DTUP), which is a circa. £5bn contract to design, build, commission and provide technical services to support the introduction to passenger service and aftercare for up to 310 trains on the London Underground Piccadilly, Bakerloo, Central and Waterloo and City Lines.
The first 94 new trains will be introduced to service on the Piccadilly line from 2024 and will be manufactured in Siemens existing metro facility in Vienna and in our new UK facility being built in Goole. This flagship programme will extend Siemens’ reputation for delivery of the most reliable fleets of UK commuter and high-speed trains into the metro market and will be Siemens first trains to be built in the UK.
We are looking for self-motivated people who want to be part of this journey from beginning to end, developing your own knowledge, skills and expertise in parallel with the train development through the design, manufacturing, commissioning and introduction to passenger service programme phases. This journey will take you from your induction into Siemens DTUP team in the UK, to then being part of our DTUP Programme engineering teams in Germany and Austria (for up to 3 years) before returning back to the UK to support the engineering teams in train service introduction and aftercare.
You will be part of a UK based team led by the Commissioning & Warranty Manager for all UK Region new Rolling Stock Introduction Programmes and certain other UK Projects that require the team’s expertise. The team will be responsible for the efficient handling of each assigned project during the project phases of commissioning and warranty, with focus to cost, time and quality for all types of rolling stock vehicle equipment on completed vehicles i.e. Highspeed, Commuter Rail, Metro, Light Rail and Passenger Coaches.
We are looking for people who are self-motivated team players who will enjoy continually developing themselves with the right competencies (via individual training plans) in different tasks, activities and systems to meet the demands of future projects. You will also be mobile and flexible in your approach to work as projects will require periods of time away from home and the UK. E.g. In Germany at our test centre at Wildenrath or at various locations in the UK depending on where the project work is located.
What are your responsibilities?
- Coordinate and supervise of operational commissioning and, when warranty is commissioned, it has to be realized in accordance with customer specific regulations of contract and according to project-specific commissioning
- Work as part of the UK team and as part of the wider Global Siemens Mobility Commissioning team, to assist where possible in the identification and resolution of issues either at the test track, or home depot to build the relationships required to ensure a smooth transition of a new fleet into our customers UK passenger service operation
- Capture, monitor and update the hardware and software configuration
- Coordinate and monitor the introduction of changes, the implementation of the milestones and the preparation of customer inspection
- Coordinate and supervise quality assurance and complaint management
- Coordinate and monitor all activities on the train (routine testing and type testing, preparation of test documentation as well as support of other activities) plus coordination with customers, consortium partners, suppliers and contractors for the on-time and cost-compliant handling of the project
- Assist in the estimation and planning of infrastructure needs for all activities
- Comply and coordinate budget deviations in co-operation with Project management and Commercial colleagues
- Record and clarify project-related problems and risks, including escalation and project management with relevant effects on time, costs and quality
- Support of the overall project for claims on suppliers and customers
- Coordinate spare parts requirements for the commissioning and warranty stages
- If necessary, assist in the organization of logistical processes for changing material for commissioning and warranty centers
- Capture the field data during commissioning until the end of the warranty (when commissioned) and ensure that relevant data is transferred to a Corrective Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in accordance with the Rolling Stock guidelines
- Organize required maintenance measures during commissioning and submit project reporting
- Analyze and point out project-related weaknesses from predecessor processes or influence on downstream processes, establish a feedback loop back into engineering and implement the Lessons Learned
- Continuous optimization of project management and cost positions by applying Lean methods
- Undertake necessary maintenance activities where required alongside commissioning work in accordance with test procedures and document all results using various digital tools available
- Recording of all work carried out in the Maintenance Management System – UK CORMAP system when appropriate.
- Identification and rectification of faults identified through commissioning tests including escalation to relevant suppliers or engineering teams, providing complex and accurate reports for the customer
- Use of Software loading tools, methods and Verification processes as required
- Safely manage a train under test, including the safety status and co-ordination of work activities to ensure all work/access is always managed safely
- Work with the manuals, documentation and technical teams to validate by trialing the methods and instructions for maintenance and repairs of the trains
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance and repair to meet the requirements of the customer; mentor other members of the team to develop skills
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Good knowledge of IT networks (Profinet, TCP/IP) and IT systems, specifically understanding of use of maintenance management systems and diagnostic tools (preferred)
- Leadership / supervision skills to ensure your work is undertaken in line with company policy and industry guidelines
- Strong self-development in order to embrace continual training & skills development in line with new projects
- Experience of working on the maintenance of Siemens fleets in the UK with a desire to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships easily
- Good project and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to speak German is useful but not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time