SIEMENS (Smart Infrastructure) is seeking an experienced Building Automation Sales Estimator to help manage and support our Gulf Coast area (New Orleans, Lafayette, Pensacola, Mobile, AL, Gulfport MS). This key position will help us in vertical markets such as Fed/Gov, Healthcare, Higher Ed and Hospitality & Entertainment. Using your technical expertise, along with your critical thinking skills, you will help tailor our solutions / service offerings to local contractors, existing and new end-user customers.
This position will report to our New Orleans branch, but can work out of our Gulfport or Pensacola office if need be.
• Bid take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities
• Collects information from other functions, vendors, sub-contractors to complete sales quotations as needed
• Prepares detailed BAS cost estimates, proposal and coordinate sales to operations cost reviews
• Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams
• Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for BAS solutions and services
• Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales
• Drive pre-bid meetings and attend site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding
• Completes research activities on Dodge On-Line and informs sales team(s) to promote understanding of project scopes, phases and timing
• Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry
• Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order
• Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
• Help support the engineering community as it relates to specification and design support
• Must be accurate, possess keen attention to detail, and proactive in pointing out potential issues.
• Participates in value engineering when possible
• Ability to work quickly and change direction as needed; responding to fast turnaround times a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering desired, but will consider candidates with equivalent education and experience (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement)
• 3 to 5 years, experience estimating and quoting BAS preferred, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry such as mechanical
• Direct experience with estimating and/or sales of large Commercial HVAC projects.
• Must have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
• Must be able to read plans/specs
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
In addition, the selected candidate must be a self-starter, be able to maintain an active and busy work schedule supporting new and existing customers, be a good communicator, have great organizational and computer skills and be able to work within a team selling environment.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.